For all of you who are as fascinated by the Apple-Adobe Flash standoff as I am, here are some links to some of my personal favorite blog posts and articles capturing the highlights of the situation.
As a certain CEO of a certain industry trade association recently commented, "Apple antics are the best soap opera out there! I like watching it better than The Tudors!"
- A very thoughtful piece on the fight between Adobe and Apple
- You can find a pretty good info-mercial for the Adobe Flash Platform by clicking here
- Steve Jobs calls Google "evil" and Adobe " lazy.
- (PS you can buy "Evil and Lazy" t-shirts and coffee mugs from Zazzle, here.)
- My favorite cartoon (and my blogpost) on the subject.
- This is what Adobe CTO Kevin Lynch had to say about Flash being excluded from iPads
- Here is Adobe Flash evangelist Lee Brimelow's angry post to Apple
- Here is a link to Steve Job's Letter about Flash
- IT security pro James Arlen thinks the iPad's anti-Flash design will be the death of Adobe's troubled software. I had no idea Flash was in such dire shape.
- A recent article in CNET indicated that a lack of Flash didn't have
much to do with reasons for NOT buying
- Former Adobe CEO Bruce Chizen and Bill Gates chiding Adobe?????
- Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayan responds. So does CTO Kevin Lynch.
- Direct from the W3C - The
latest on HTML5
- Opera (the mobile operating system) jumps into the Apple Adode kerfuffle.
There's plenty more where these come from. Just wanted to be sure to share a few of my favorites. Enjoy!