On Monday October 19th, Sage Road Solutions and the eLearning Guild will be sending out an email blast announcing their newest research report entitled The Evolution of the LMS: From Management to Learning. This is Volume 1 in from the 4-volume series Deep Analysis of Trends Shaping the Future of eLearning, where we explore issues that are going to have profound impact on elearning practitioners from the point of view of elearning professionals themselves.
Topics we address in the report include:
- Home-grown LMSs are on the decline
- Moodle moves to the from of the LMS Adoption Pack
- Hosted Options for LMSs are Achieving Popularity
- Open Source, Open Applicatons and Open Education Resources are on the Rise
- Blackboard Gains Corporate Market Share
- Commercial LMS Customers: Less Formal, More Holistic
- Extensibility Matters
- Campuses and Businesses alike are slow to adopt Enterprise 2.0
- Revising Standards, Specifications and Structures
The Sage Road crew looking forward to seeing you at the upcoming eLearning Guild DevLearn conference in San Jose, CA. 3 of the 4 Sage Road research reports in this series will be featured among the program's concurrent sessions:
- The User Generated Content Revolution - Colleen Carmean, Beth Davis, Anne Derryberry 11/12, 10:45 AM
- The Learning Metaverse: Emerging Technologies that will Change e-Learning Forever - Ellen Wagner and Beth Davis 11/12/2009 3:00 PM
And of course....
- The Future of the LMS: A Software Lifecycle Perspective Beth David and Colleen Carmean 11/13 11:15 AM